Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davis: Why is arest in super_punch getting ignored?
Davis has a super punch where he punches the enemy twice into the air.

The arest of the first punch is 15 tu, but the time between the two punches is 7 tu.

Shouldn't the arest of the first punch prevent the second punch from hitting the enemy?

Does anyone know why the second punch is ignoring the arest: 15?

[Image: aX9fFwa.png]
Thanks given by:
Because arest has a special property where the arest is reset to 0 whenever it goes to a frame with no itrs at all (important).

Since frame 72 goes to frame 73, and frame 73 has no itr, the arest is then instantly reset.

I would also like to add that arest, unlike vrest, does not count down during hitlag (the pausing/shaking that occurs for 3tu upon hitting someone).
So arest: 7 for example would be equivalent to vrest: 10.

Arest is a bit weird.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: yojeb
(11-18-2021, 09:33 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Because arest has a special property where the arest is reset to 0 whenever it goes to a frame with no itrs at all (important).

Since frame 72 goes to frame 73, and frame 73 has no itr, the arest is then instantly reset.

I would also like to add that arest, unlike vrest, does not count down during hitlag (the pausing/shaking that occurs for 3tu upon hitting someone).
So arest: 7 for example would be equivalent to vrest: 10.

Arest is a bit weird.
Ohh, so that's why! I fully understand now.

Thank you so much for the great explanation! Your knowledge of LF2 is amazing; I've learnt so much from your posts.
Thanks given by: