Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why LFE was down again
[] 
As you might have noticed, both lf-empire.de & herofighter-empire.com were not accessible the last ~24hours. The reason behind this is simple: the server on which these websites are stored had been attacked by another DDoS-attack. Strato had to turn off the server to prevent any further complications. Multiple sites were taken down this way and the financial damage isn't straight small for some admins. I don't know what Strato took so long to boot up their server (about 3 hours) but - honestly - I don't care. I just care that LFE is up again. Enjoy, celebrate, whateverate :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
Out of sheer curiosity... what is a DDoS attack?
I'd like all the nitty gritty details.. for a read when I'm bored. which kinda means now and for foreseeable future. haha.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2009, 03:18 PM)Siegvar Wrote:  Out of sheer curiosity... what is a DDoS attack?
I'd like all the nitty gritty details.. for a read when I'm bored. which kinda means now and for foreseeable future. haha.

Well, to say it simple: you use one or more computers and send http-requests or pings to a server to overload it with tasks. As a worst case scenario, you can destroy the server because it can't handle that amount, runs at full speed and overheats itself. Ergo: turn off the server before this happens.

Thanks given by:
whatever
1 day without lfE
sorry 4 my bad eng
[Image: stand-10_zpse8943b33.gif][Image: walk-11_zps3a4de3e2.gif][Image: att-3_zps48065cd2.gif]

Thanks given by:
Yay up again:D

When I first read the DDoS I thought it was BSoD but it obviviously isnt.(if you know what BSoD is then it will be obvivious why it is obvivious)
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
hey and where should I post my thread now!? :p
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
ok so much lfe down time threads...why dont you guys make a single thread that you post in every time there is a down time..
(just giving my opinion srry)
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: saly
(08-12-2009, 06:06 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  ok so much lfe down time threads...why dont you guys make a single thread that you post in every time there is a down time..
(just giving my opinion srry)
Because that is not supposed to happen. MH's paying for that LFE runs 24/7 and for some money you'd expect people to work a little faster than that. Everything <12 hours is bearable but longer downtimes are in no way acceptable. That's why we're planning to move to a different server. It can't get worse....

Thanks given by:
well, to be serious it's no plan - it's just a matter of time. The downloads and all my other websites are already on the new server - this new service is much more professional and they've a very good reputation.

Like I told: .com domains (from HFE) can be moved after 60 days - but it's only like 30 days old. When 60 days passed I'll move HFE. When this is over I'll move LFE since it's the biggest website I have :p

and you're right: two long donwtimes in three months isn't acceptable in any case!
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
thanks guys ;)
but just to mention in case you didnt know....herofighter-empire.com still isnt up yet, the link isnt broken, i just get a blank page
i dont want it to sound like i am pestering you guys, i guess just one step at a time :D ?
Thanks given by: