Poll: The side you're on (please vote only if you wish to participate!)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
13th Zone
19.23%
5 19.23%
Empire
80.77%
21 80.77%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WAR
A spriting war over 3 ROUNDS.

13thZone Rebels vs. the Empire

Choose your side now!

The Lost Global Mod edited this post 03-04-2011 07:48 AM because:
I wonder what's wrong with the video.. or my internet.. (both possible)
I think is not the right time for this.Now all members are at collaborate spriting challange.
Thanks given by:

You know, even though I spend more time here, I gotta go with 13th Zone.

I remember I saw a sprite war between forums a long time ago and wanted to do something like that atleast once. Now is the time, it seems, because there are good spriters 'raised' in both forums. Let's make something interesting though (like, themes for each round).

Edit: Also, let's think about a good way to compete because I think there will be 4~6 13th Zone's spriters and a little more for LFE.
Thanks given by:
although i have an account on both forums, I choose LFE.

I shall participate in this war. I was thinking of doing something like this a while ago (sprite battles)

@Sheldee, how is this going to work out? Are there rules or what?

@empirefantasy, dude, how can you generalise for the whole forum? EVERY TIME IS GOOD FOR SPRITE WAR TIME.

@war: This thread has been stickied for great justice. COME AT ME BRO.
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , bashscrazy , Sheldeee
I believe we all can contribute to the rules, so I'll start writing down some options on how we can do it.

Regarding what to do: Themes like the ones we use in the Sprite Contest Thread. We can all throw ideas until we get something accepted by the majority.

Regard who will 'fight':

1. LFESpriter vs. 13thSpriter: Someone from LFE against someone from 13th Zone. Multiple fights. The forum with most victories is the winner. Each forum decides who to take action in each fight, or someone who does not participate makes the pairs.
As good as this sounds, I think it will get complicated if the numbers of participants for each forum are not even.

2. Collaborative vs. Collaborative: Every spriter from LFE and every spriter from 13th makes two singles sprites.
This is complicated too because it's hard for more than two people to work on a tiny thing like a LF2 sprite. Plus they will be frankestein-like creatures.

3. Points collection: We do it like a regular contest, but in the end we sum the votes from each spriter to his respective forum score. The forum with the higher score wins the round.
This sounds more plausible, but it will give advantage to the side with more people if we can multi vote.

4. Most winners: We do it like a regular contest, and after the third round, the forum with most winners is victorious.
Probably the best option, but there's not much teamwork this way...

I think I prefer option 1 or 3 myself.

Regarding who wins:
1. Public voting: The usual thingy. Let's appeal to everyone's objectivity.

2. Judges: This is really rare and we did this only once in 13th Zone, I think, but proposing it here anyways. We have to gather an elite of objective people to judge the sprites and decide the winner (preferably people who doesn't participate in the war).

Edit@V:
Had to lol.
Thanks given by: Alectric , snorsorbet
Meanwhile, in Sweden:

http://www.kossan.se/roliga-filmer/varfo...kulele.htm

-----------------------------------

I could side with either side, if necessary. Not that I ever was a very dedicated poster on 13thzone, I just lurked about ^^

But if the contest ends up in a way that doesn't favour more spriters on either team then I will of course join the Empire.

TITLE: a idea
make cave for bear?
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , Bamboori
(03-04-2011, 02:47 AM)Apocalipsis Wrote:  You know, even though I spend more time here, I gotta go with 13th Zone.

What? why?
I was looking forward to going head to head with you and getting my a** kicked!

Anyway I'll definitely be on 13thzone...

Anyway, for the judges, We could always use Neutral Veterans like Marshall, unless he intends to enter as a participant.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
If I participate,I would definitely go with Little Fighter Empire.
Feel free to check out My Sprites
"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
Thanks given by:
Count me as a 13thzone n00b spriter yeye!
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis
haha, so as far as i see most good spriters came from the 13thzone :D
so LFE will have a pretty hard time, unless all the newborn-talents participate.
Thanks given by: LutiChris