Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] lf2 mod Very slow.
Urgh, that certainly is quite some big one. I am surprised that it actually loads as I have often encountered LF2-crashes when I tried to load single images beyond 2000 pixels wide.

Well, are those sprites being displayed when the game is lagging? If that's the case, you might be better of splitting them.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man
I think I will split them.
What R the dimensions recommended for the sprites.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Well, it depends on how large the single images are. If each sprite is only 100-ish pixels in size, it should not have any effect if you split, but if you have screen-filling graphics, it could lag quite a bit. I personally have found anything larger than 350 pixels having the potential of making the game lag. However, my computer is not the newest anymore, so the limit could be a tad higher by now.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: A-Man
(07-09-2011, 12:19 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Well, it depends on how large the single images are. If each sprite is only 100-ish pixels in size, it should not have any effect if you split, but if you have screen-filling graphics, it could lag quite a bit. I personally have found anything larger than 350 pixels having the potential of making the game lag. However, my computer is not the newest anymore, so the limit could be a tad higher by now.

no, no . one sprite sheet has got from 200 to 300 pics in.
here is the sprite sheet.

Attached Files
.rar   New WinRAR archive.rar (Size: 187.83 KB / Downloads: 69)

Thanks given by:
(07-09-2011, 12:12 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Urgh, that certainly is quite some big one. I am surprised that it actually loads as I have often encountered LF2-crashes when I tried to load single images beyond 2000 pixels wide.

It depend on Graphical card of the computer.I can't load images bigger than 800pixels in computer,so there are different limits.

@A-Man
I say as images sprites as you can.It's not necessary to have extremely strong attacks,it's better to have attractive attacks.

Edit: Split that sprite in different sprites.
Thanks given by: A-Man , Electric2Shock
i got it!!!!!!! its ur paging file size!
urs is inbuilt xp rite? that means u got it with ur comp when you bought it right?
so...
right click my computer click properties/ go to control panel and then all control panel items and then system settings
theyll be a thing in that called computer domain and workgroup settings
click change settings
then click advanced option
it will look like:
performance
user profiles
startup and recovery

for performance there will be a button called settings, click it:
this is called performance options
click advanced
here there will be processor scheduling and virtual memory
in virtual memory click change...
in change... choose the drive lf2 is in and double the MB number in the initial size and maximum size.
press ok
done...
now lf2 will load faster and gameplay will not be laggy!
it works!!! it really works! i made it faster on my Windows2000!!! :D
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by: A-Man , Electric2Shock
I think i will just split my sprites.
I want a mod which people will enjoy playing and will work on every good computer.
Your solution qwertz will only work for some computers. Especially for the big sprites I used.

For all of U--- Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate it.

Thanks given by: