Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Changing Course/Class

POTATO-Code:
// added this to the bmp
file(210-216): sprite\sys\freeze_3.bmp  w: 29  h: 85  row: 6  col: 1

DC-Code:
<frame> 235 ball1
   pic: 210  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 236  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 mp: 100
  sound: data\064.wav 
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 40  y: 46  weaponact: 30  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 5  y: 18  w: 21  h: 66
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 236 ball1
   pic: 211  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 237  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 19  y: 48  weaponact: 30  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 237 ball1
   pic: 212  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 238  dvx: 4  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 27  y: 45  weaponact: 30  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 238 ball1
   pic: 213  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 239  dvx: 3  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   opoint:
      kind: 1  x: 80  y: 46  action: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  oid: 209  facing: 0
   opoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 43  y: 46  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 239 ball1
   pic: 214  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 240  dvx: 1  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 44  y: 47  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 240 ball1
   pic: 215  state: 3  wait: 3  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 15  centery: 84  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 48  weaponact: 30  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

[Image: header_W_jordis.png]
Thanks given by:
WTF I THOUGHT I HAD POSTED YESTERDAY HERE Mad 2 maybe i forgot to press "post", idk

@exg9
yes your hw is ok, i checked t yesterday

@sam
it's hex, as long as it has to do with buttons on menu screen, cant help you with hex

@phil sure

@koori
good job
Thanks given by:
i let one day more for you to finish but you didint.

today i sill give you some information about lf2.exe. then about data.txt.

download this sice its a good explanation: HERE
Thanks given by:
now will will start with some new things that you can easily edit and change the game.

First go on some special moves and look on some things like: dvy: or fall:
There are a lot of them but now focus on line between itr: and itr_end:

Let's take an example so you can understand the meaning of all the tags
    DC-Code:
<frame> 61 punch
   pic: 11  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 35  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
  sound: data\007.wav 
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 44  y: 31  w: 35  h: 22  dvx: 2  bdefend: 16  injury: 20  
      effect: 1  
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 25  y: 11  w: 35  h: 69
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

Do you see?
    DC-Code:
itr:
      kind: 0  x: 44  y: 31  w: 35  h: 22  dvx: 2  bdefend: 16  injury: 20  
      effect: 1  
   itr_end:

Here is what you need:
kind: 0 <--the kind of attack, we will talk later when we will start learning about itr
x: 44 y: 31 <--coordinates (remember the coordinates!)
w: 35 h: 22 <-- area <--(remember that too)
dvx: 2 <-- it means that when you hit your opponent he/she will go 2 pixels away
bdefend: 16 <--the higher number is the unstoppable attack is. (a normal punch is easy to be defended, while you can hardly defend henry's d>j)
injury: 20 <-- how much you want to damage the opponent (how much hp points)
effect: 1 <--normal effect. Read here about effects

Some other tags in itr
arest: <--can only hit one enemy, the value shows how much break will the attack have after another
vrest: <--can hit all enemies, the value....

fall: <--have you seen the difference between julian and davis normal punch? julian needs 2 shots to knock down the opponent, while davis 3. that becaouse fall in julian punching frames is higher than davis. when fall is higher or equal to 70, it means that opponent will fall down (run+JA).

zwidth: <-- the z area (you know that z means diagonal or in deep)

Read more for details about these (no need to remember from details, use this page when you need for something detailed when DCing): http://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data-...l=&start=1

also another important one is mp: which stays in frame header.
is show how much hp and mp will the move cost, you dont have enough hp/mp then you can go to that frame.

mp: yyxxx
x-mp
y-hp multiplied by 10.

the number is always with 5 digits so when you see number 65, it is 00065.

examples:
mp: 24 cost 24 mp
mp: 1060 cost 60 mp and 10 hp
mp: 23300 cost 300 mp and 230 hp

Names etymology
x and y you know that are x and y coordinates.
w and h are weigh and height
fall=fall
bdefend=beat defend
arest,vrest sorry i cant remember their meaning and i cant find anywhere about that :( if u are interested ask yinyin, once i talked with him about that, but i dont remember. (maybe it is: a rest , meaning one rest and very rest)
zwidth=width in z area

NOW GO AND EXPERIMENT WITH THESE IN CHARACTERS AND SEE THE RESULTS!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
arest and vrest are used to set the interval between 2 hits of an individual single itr in TUs (1/30 th of a second). arest is used for when the itr is supposed to hit one character only even if more than one is at that same area of that itr, when vrest is used for when it is supposed to hit all the characters that falls on its area.

Edit: Explained again at the main site: http://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data-...l=&start=1

OOps, sorry man. Read the "Names etymology" part and thought you were wondering about what it actually does.

[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by: Alblaka
Arest and vrest as I remember I think means how much enemies it can hit per that fram or something I think
Useful
Thanks given by:
what I learned from my experience is that never ever use arest: 1 or vrest: 1.. :P
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2013, 06:19 AM)rhino.freak Wrote:  what I learned from my experience is that never ever use arest: 1 or vrest: 1.. :P

Unless on a T3 for a paralysis/timestop effect.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak
damn it you give me lots of epic ideas :O
Thanks given by:
hmm thia wek i might not be online here so i will give only one lesson.

bdy
the meaning of bdy is body. You have noticed in frames that there is an bdy: and bdy_end:
This is the area where the char or ball can be hit. So if an somebody attacks on bdy then char will be harmed.
Bdy is determined by coordinates and area only 2D (x,y,w,h) and kind:
kind is always 0.

(if you let an char frame without bdy, then he can not be attacked)

itr
Itr means interaction. it means the area which attacks. it is determined by x,y,w,h and tags we mentioned in the last lesson.
But itrs are seperated in kinds! For a normal attack use kind: 0. the other kinds are for different functions. http://www.lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/data-...limitstart= a list of all kinds.

HOMEWORK
Modify woody's D^A in a interesting/exiting/cool way. We will select together the best work :D. DEADLINE SATURDAY
Thanks given by: