Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Data Changing Course/Class
Hi everybody!

I am here to open a DC class. It will be for those who are 0 on DCing or who are beginners or amateur. I will give free lessons, which will include: general tips, concrete tips, homework,etc.

If you are interested to start learning DCing or improving skills, you can join. First i have to know who and how will join so i can make a/two weekly program/plan for 1/2 levels.

week1 t0
bmp part
frames connection

week2 t0
pics and bmp system
states

week3 t0,lf2 engine
lf2.exe system
some tags (injury,dvx,etc)

week4 t0 t3
body tag
itr tag

week5 practical,t3+some data
types and id
make an special move with opoint
(continues, different frames actions)

week6 tips and errors,weapon
common errors, tips for different stuffs.
wpoint and weapons

week7
project: add a new move. the winner is elected by voting, by everyone (in/out thread)

List:
Sam Fisher
rhino
itachi
koori
Dr. Time
Draya Vartaila
Emaan Ashraf
the hari
electric shock
EXG9
amadis
phil
HD (level2)

Lessons'links:
bmp part
frames
States
sprites and pics
lf2.exe
some edits in dat file
bdy and itr
data.txt
new moves
errors and tips
I want to sign in.
lf2.co.il try to do this, but it is hard to start the program on this site.
I know one thing: change a name of character.
I am from Israel, so sometimes it will be hard to me to understand.
Thanks given by:
Great for you!!! For me, I need creative and advance DCing strategy and lessons, like:
-Changing enemies into friends by destroying something (brainwashing machine or whatever)
-Long pressed (pressing without releasing) technique (I think Azriel had managed to made it with a char, can't remember much :P )
-Having multiple choices of transforming, and a way to transform back

Well, there are more, but it's up to you. I'm an amatuer DCer alright. :P
This place motivates me to become an artist, this place motivates me to learn coding, this place made me grow up, showed me the ways to interact with people. Unlike the old childish of me myself, I've learned a lot and gotten some experiences. For me, it's not just a fan forum, it's a helpful community. From a noob to someone who would think before he speaks, looking back at my old post made me laugh hard, I'm grateful of the differences between these 2 years.
~Thank You All and Farewell
~Goodbye, LFE.
RIP - 14/04/2014
Thanks given by:
hmm I rank myself as amatuer, and would like to hear about some tips from you :)
Thanks given by:
I think am just a beginner so let's see what I can do after your lessons..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[Image: 11twnjn.png]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I need a spriter to help in my All Stars Project.. So if anyone interested, please contact me.
Thanks given by:
First nice too see that here are a lot of us who want to learn DCing.

Sam Fisher
HD (level2)
rhino
itachi
koori
Dr. Time, Draya Vartaila, please confirm it with a post or a pm.

tomorrow, i will make a plan and we will start on monday :D

(07-13-2013, 11:34 AM)Hero destroyer Wrote:  advance DCing

well my target is not learning advanced. And you arent that amateur. still i will try to make a plan for your level.
Thanks given by:
Today we will start with some edits in 'bmp part' on characters. Pick up an character dat file and start changing values that ends with zeros.
    DC-Code:
<bmp_begin>
name: Davis <-- change the name
walking_frame_rate 3 <-- dont touch it, it doesnt change anything.
walking_speed 5.000000
walking_speedz 2.500000
running_frame_rate 3 <-- dont touch it for the same reason
running_speed 10.000000
running_speedz 1.600000
heavy_walking_speed 3.700000
heavy_walking_speedz 1.850000
heavy_running_speed 6.200000
heavy_running_speedz 1.000000
jump_height -16.299999
jump_distance 10.000000
jump_distancez 3.750000
dash_height -10.000000
dash_distance 18.000000
dash_distancez 5.000000
rowing_height -2.000000
rowing_distance 5.000000
<bmp_end>

these values dtermine character walking speed,running speed,etc. Their meaning is like it is mentioned in them, example: "jump_distance 10.000000", means jump distance is 10.
"z" at the end of some of them mens diagonally, so it is used for diagonal moves, example: "walking_speedz 2.500000", means walking diagonal has a speed of 2.5.

Some values are negative, keep them so. That's because refering system where y is down, we will learn about it later. For now just increase and decrease these values and see how do they affect on character. dont be scared of zeros in the end,they are useless, you can put values like 9 or 8, no need for 9.00000 or 8.00000.
For some more detailed informations about meaning of there click here.

Also you can change character's name, where it says "name", not so hard to do :p.

Go on experimneting now and we will meet on wednesday again to continue with frames connection.

@HD
i will thing something for you on wednesday :D
Thanks given by:
Erm, yeah...

- Don't you think it's easier to just read few articles from mainsite?
- I don't have to spend 2 days for understanding how to change name of character.
- Everyone will get all basic of dc in about 15-30 minutes.

Have fun here. I'm out.

Thanks given by: Dr. Time , Dragon5 , Alblaka , AmadisLFE
(07-15-2013, 12:19 PM)The Hari Wrote:  - Don't you think it's easier to just read few articles from mainsite?
- I don't have to spend 2 days for understanding how to change name of character.
- Everyone will get all basic of dc in about 15-30 minutes.

-might be easier. but for some who are 0 in dc its better to read mine lessons.
--Nope you dont need to spend 2 days nor 15-30 minutes, you just spend 3-4 minutes by reading my post and some mins more to work by yourself.

First sorry, but i forgot yesterday so we will continue today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today i will tell you about frames organisation and connection. A frame is a moment of character moving. Frames begin with "<frame> xxx name" and end with "<frame_end>", where xxx is frame number and "name" is frame's name. Frames usually are connected with each-other with "next: xxx". xxx is the number of the next frame that will come.

Let's take an example.
    DC-Code:
<frame> 0 standing   <--- from here we read that this is frame number 0 and it is called "standing".
   pic: 0  state: 0  wait: 5  next: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290

"pic: 0" meas that it shows image with number 0, we will learn later about these things. "state: 0" is character state! "wait: 5" means we will wait 5 TU* before character goes in the next frame. "next: 1" means character will go to frame number 1.
   bpoint:
      x: 39  y: 34
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 55  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 18  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 1 standing <---- frame number 1, the one where character goes after frame 0 (the frame above).
   pic: 1  state: 0  wait: 3  next: 2  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 hit_Fa: 240 hit_Ua: 300 hit_Da: 270 hit_Uj: 290
   bpoint:
      x: 39  y: 33
   bpoint_end:
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 23  y: 54  weaponact: 23  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 21  y: 18  w: 43  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

next: 999 means that character have finished that move and he will go to frame that we have determined usually in standing frames. But after a move (D>A) which finishes with next: 999 we press buttons for another move (D^A), char will go directly from finishing D>A, to D^A.
*1 TU= 1/30 second.

Job1
Open some character dat files and look how frames are connected with each other via "next:" tag.

Except next there are other tags which make the character goes to the next frame.
hit_a: xxx <-- xxx the frame where character goes when we press attack
hit_j: xxx <-- xxx the frame where character goes when we press jump
hit_d: xxx <-- xxx the frame where character goes when we press defend

For special moves. since all special moves start with D, we dont write it, so we write only the direction "U" (up), "D" (down), "F" (forward (left or right)) and "a" or "j". So the direction is always with capital letter with jupm and attack are always with small letters. Example:
hit_Fa: xxx <-- xxx the frame where character goes when we press D>A.
The DJA case: hit_ja: xxx

Job2
Open deep.dat and go to dash sword (D>J), you know that since it is a long move it should have many frames. (To notice where are move's frames, look in standing and walking frames and watch commands of special moves (like: hit_Da: xxx or hit_Uj: xxx), that becaouse usually moves starts from standing or walking, in original version we cant do any special move when we are jumping.) It starts from frame 290 to frame 309. Now your job is to make it do DvA move after he finishes D>J. To do that you delete 999 number in the last frame's next: and replace it with the first frame number of DvA, which is frame 260.
    DC-Code:
the beggingin of D>J
<frame> 290 dash_sword
   pic: 160  state: 301  wait: 1  next: 291  dvx: 3  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 25  centery: 78  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 mp: 150
  sound: data\045.wav 
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 31  y: 52  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 8  y: 14  w: 18  h: 60
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 291 dash_sword
   pic: 161  state: 301  wait: 1  next: 292  dvx: 6  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 18  centery: 78  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
  sound: data\054.wav 
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 22  y: 52  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 49  y: 9  w: 18  h: 64  dvx: 12  fall: 70  vrest: 7  bdefend: 16  injury: 45  
      effect: 4  
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 3  y: 17  w: 19  h: 59
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 308 dash_sword
   pic: 171  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 309  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 34  centery: 78  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 37  y: 52  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 19  y: 17  w: 48  h: 62
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 309 dash_sword   <-- the last frame of D>J
   pic: 170  state: 3  wait: 2  next: 999  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 35  centery: 78  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
NOW CHANGE "next: 999" TO "next: 260".
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 36  y: 52  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 16  y: 16  w: 40  h: 65
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 260 jump_sword    <---The first frame of DVA
   pic: 140  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 261  dvx: 5  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 29  centery: 78  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 mp: 75
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 36  y: 52  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 13  y: 20  w: 13  h: 60
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

<frame> 261 jump_sword
   pic: 141  state: 3  wait: 1  next: 262  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 26  centery: 68  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0
  sound: data\054.wav 
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 35  y: 40  weaponact: 31  attacking: 0  cover: 1  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0 
   wpoint_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 6  y: 39  w: 83  h: 28  dvx: 6  dvy: -17  fall: 70  vrest: 10  bdefend: 60  injury: 54  
      effect: 1  
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 12  y: 12  w: 20  h: 59
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

Homework
Make davis do D^A when we press D when he is doing DVA. Just show me here the DC code.

We will meet on monday or sunday.
Thanks given by:
Quastion:
what when I rename a ,, frame chain,, for exampel 300 to 309 John D^a..biscuit...into 600 to 609...does it work?
Thanks given by: