Poll: Do you think this is a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
No
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea
I dont know if this is the place where I could post this but I will post here because it contains everything what lf2 needs.

My idea (dont know, maybe someone else(not member)had this idea :
-To make perfect facing of wpoints, bdy, x,y,z,opoint and more... When facing left and right with edited sprites.

I will need these things as examples:
-charsprite_0r
-charsprite_0l
-chardat
-lf2exe.

Charsprite_0r and charsprite_0l.

We all know that when character holds weapon(sword) with his left hand after turning to opposite side, he holds weapon with his right hand.
Charsprite_0r (character sprite sheet 0 facing to the right side) would contain sprites which holds weapon(sword) with his right hand.

Charsprite_0l (character sprite sheet 0 facing to the left side) would contain sprites which holds weapon (sword) with his right hand.

Little example
charsprite0r (>_>)!
charsprite0l (<_<)!

(we all know that some character have different sides( louis shoulder armour is only on one shoulder))
its same with mirror sprites but after making weapon at same hand its body points gets messed.

Chardat.

It would contain more than 399 frames.
It would have section
-facing to the right-
which would only have bdys,wpoints and all info which are needed for facing right side.
-facing to the left-
which would only have bdys,wpoints and all info which are needed for facing left side.

Exe
we just would need to edit exe to work that way.
Also, if you are able, you can add new frame called "turn around" it shows anim when character turns around from left to right or from right to left.

Sorry for not having better examples and sorry for confusing things. Using phone and its late.

I am not asking for people to make this, just offering idea.

If you have some questions, ask here. And post your opinion.
No troll or bullsh*t please.
Useful
Thanks given by:
I dont know if thats possible, but the idea itself i like..

to be realstic, this idea is coupled with so much work for each single char that i think it never will be made/ come true
Thanks given by:
The idea isn't new.
We thought of having a second dat file per object for facing left (_mirror.dat just like _mirror.bmp).
I think the required work far outweighs the benefits though.
As soon as more characters that utilize the _mirror bitmaps like Harlequin are made we can think of it again.
Thanks given by: Gespenst
(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  The idea isn't new.
nobody said it is.

(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  We thought of having a second dat file per object for facing left (_mirror.dat just like _mirror.bmp).
cool.
(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I think the required work far outweighs the benefits though.
err, why outweighs the benefits?
If you wont try, you wont know.

(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  As soon as more characters that utilize the _mirror bitmaps like Harlequin are made we can think of it again.
umm, harlequin is not much of that mirror job, just his colors, and that face thingy stays on the same side but he is not much of a spectacular mirror sprite character.

Awww, come on, u think idea is bad? Because noone can make it? I think noone bothers to make perfect mirror sprites because there is hard to deal with bdy, wpoint and other stuff.
You gave no and you think idea is bad?
Fine be like that.
(10-07-2013, 02:15 PM)YinYin Wrote:  we can think of it again.
lock this please because noone want to chat about this till some other stuff comes along.

Useful
Thanks given by:
Nobody said the idea is bad.
I totally support YinYin on that the work outweighs the benefits. Seriously, in case Louis did have mirror sprites, I honestly wouldn't notice much in the heat of a battle. Not like it looks bad as it is now, it would just be a little more visually appealing. Not too much of a change though, and many people wouldn't notice if they didn't really look at the sprites that precisely.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Ariel
For god sake
Louis armours are different than weapons like swords, spears. Main point is because of a sword and other details which stands more than simple ones.
Imagine one giant arm and one little arm, then he turns around and he should have same arms at the same sides.
Just lock this.
Its not for characters who have just same sides and different textures on their arms, legs, its not for harle, its more for something like deep, knight
Can you Lock it?
Can you Lock it?
Useful
Thanks given by:
No. NOOOO and NOOOOOO.
I am personally sick and tired of you creating threads and then instantly requesting lock, as soon as you realize that people don't come crawling on all four and worship it.

Let's talk this through!
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: Jahvansi , A-Man , Marko , Dr. Time
For god sake
that was just an example, and I really don't even notice when playing Deep or Louis EX.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Ariel
(10-07-2013, 08:14 PM)The Lost Global Mod Wrote:  No. NOOOO and NOOOOOO.
I am personally sick and tired of you creating threads and then instantly requesting lock, as soon as you realize that people don't come crawling on all four and worship it.

Let's talk this through!

duhh, I asked to lock because yinyin said we can think of it again.
When some will start think about it, that person would be able to ask admins to unlock this one for more chat
alright ,purple, wat do you suggest?
@Ramond, yeah, but that was not the example I wanned to see.
Useful
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2013, 08:20 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  duhh, I asked to lock because yinyin said we can think of it again.
When some will start think about it, that person would be able to ask admins to unlock this one for more chat
alright ,purple, wat do you suggest?
@Ramond, yeah, but that was not the example I wanned to see.
<aPurpleCat> YinYin: apparently EXG9 thinks you are god
<YinYin> why
<aPurpleCat> "duhh, I asked to lock because yinyin said we can think of it again."
<aPurpleCat> basically means what YinYin says is law
<YinYin> well tell him it's not

i suggest continue discussing this until nobody cares anymore. No need to lock this.

I think the reasons YinYin and Ramond pointed out are exactly why Marti made it this way. Because hardly anybody notices the difference and its much effort.
BUT
if you would realize this, how would you go about it? Do you have a nice char concept in head which actually utilizes this??
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: