Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hero Fighter - Portraits
Hello LF2 community!

I am a new member here at LFE, pleasure to meet you all (I hope ^.^). I've always been a huge admirer of the PC games LF2 and HF, made by Marti Wong.

As you can see by this topic's title, I'm not here to talk about LF2 (sorry), but rather about HF. I am aware of HFE's existence, but the forum is so inactive, unfortunately, that I see very few chances of getting feedback on this subject there.

Alright, here's the deal:

Hero Fighter is a good game, and it can become even better, but it needs support! Mr. Marti cannot do everything by himself, we must help him in all possible ways !

I believe that fanart is a way of showing support, and also helps to advertise the game. I am planning on doing a HF guide program (similar to the LF2 guide v1.9c that comes with the LF2 Starter-kit), and it would help me a lot to have the portraits of the HF characters, which Marti didn't do. But more than helping me, it would help anyone who wishes to use them in any kind of HF project.

The kind of portraits that I'm looking for are exactly like the LF2 portraits:
LF2 Portraits. (Click to View)

And to give you an idea about the HF style (which is very similar to LF2), here are some portraits that Marti made long time ago, but did not finish:
HF unfinished portraits by Marti. (Click to View)

Now, here is what I'd like to ask from you, the LF2 community. Is anyone out there who is willing to draw the portraits of the playable HF characters (including the premium)? If not, is there anyone who knows someone influential here who could start a contest on this subject?

Thank you in advance !
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Overlord Hunter , Bamboori , Conqueror
I would have liked to do it, but I am not really good at drawing, so, sorry about that.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 01:37 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Fighter is a good game, [...]

I have bad news for you, Bob.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Gespenst , Gad , Bamboori , AmadisLFE
I could give it a try to sketch them (with pencil) then someone who can use photoshop (MangaD thats you) could modify them. Though it'll be hard for me to stick with this particular style.... Marti's style.... Also there are many of guys here at LFE who can do it... i believe that the guy who is doing the HF origins comic is able to do these sketches as well.... anyways i'll try and if its succcessful i'll tell u!
.........I never miss my target.......i just give it a second chance.........
..........................I WILL HUNT TO THE VERY END............................

Overlord Hunter (Click to View)
HFE, DONT FORGET ABOUT US, SUPPORT US! (Click to View)
check my DeviantArt gallery page
Thanks given by:
What bad news?Anyway u have good drawing skills MangaD but sorry i cant draw:p .

Credits to Prince_freeza for avatar
Thanks given by:
You could also use the sketches that insomnium eye did... MangaD, cant u?
..........................I WILL HUNT TO THE VERY END............................

Thanks given by:
(06-10-2014, 01:37 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Alright, here's the deal:
I don't see a deal there. More like exploitation.

(06-10-2014, 01:37 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Hero Fighter is a good game
No, its not. It's very limited. I just don't get why didn't he bring lf2 fighting system to this game. 0 creative combos avaible.
Graphics look kinda cheap (lf2 had better stuff), characters are boring and predictable, story is simple, stage is annoying and not entertaining. Potential betrayed.
And, yes, it is my opinion, anybody can have his own.

(06-10-2014, 01:37 PM)MangaD Wrote:  I believe that fanart is a way of showing support, and also helps to advertise the game. I am planning on doing a HF guide program (similar to the LF2 guide v1.9c that comes with the LF2 Starter-kit), and it would help me a lot to have the portraits of the HF characters, which Marti didn't do. But more than helping me, it would help anyone who wishes to use them in any kind of HF project.

The kind of portraits that I'm looking for are exactly like the LF2 portraits:
LF2 Portraits. (Click to View)

And to give you an idea about the HF style (which is very similar to LF2), here are some portraits that Marti made long time ago, but did not finish:
HF unfinished portraits by Marti. (Click to View)

Now, here is what I'd like to ask from you, the LF2 community. Is anyone out there who is willing to draw the portraits of the playable HF characters (including the premium)? If not, is there anyone who knows someone influential here who could start a contest on this subject?

Thank you in advance !
1. I think it's a great waste to make these faces just for the weird guide thing. The job takes some time.
2. I don't know anybody who would spend more time than 5 minutes on an lf2 guide. Why would it be worth to create HF guide.
3. Who needs a guide for HF, there are like 2 moves for each character and what more?
4. If HF is so popular and worth a guide like this why can't you group up fans from HF? I don't see a purpose with comming on here.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2014, 11:30 AM)Gad Wrote:  I don't see a deal there. More like exploitation.
What's the deal with you? Where do you see the exploitation? Wow, i didnt see that one coming! XD

(06-11-2014, 11:30 AM)Gad Wrote:  No, its not. It's very limited. I just don't get why didn't he bring lf2 fighting system to this game. 0 creative combos avaible.
Graphics look kinda cheap (lf2 had better stuff), characters are boring and predictable, story is simple, stage is annoying and not entertaining. Potential betrayed.
And, yes, it is my opinion, anybody can have his own.
Yes you can... have your own opinion... you can also judge... you can also be narrow-minded as well... no offense.
I'll tell you this... LF2 is just awesome, but we have to remember that HF is the next level of LF... maybe you dont see that now.... maybe even i cant... but it is great in many ways....
Also, combos?! Wow, didnt see that coming too.In HF you can do more things than LF (you will tell me know,'' where are the op moves?''... well HF its not done yet ...we're still waiting for Demon Lord... Eason transformed...etc),Story...is awesome... characters-- great graphics... Ok ok i admit LF2 and the other mods are better but you presented HF like Marti's failure...XD

MangaD Wrote:Now, here is what I'd like to ask from you, the LF2 community. Is anyone out there who is willing to draw the portraits of the playable HF characters (including the premium)? If not, is there anyone who knows someone influential here who could start a contest on this subject?

Thank you in advance !
Gad Wrote:1. I think it's a great waste to make these faces just for the weird guide thing. The job takes some time.
2. I don't know anybody who would spend more time than 5 minutes on an lf2 guide. Why would it be worth to create HF guide.
3. Who needs a guide for HF, there are like 2 moves for each character and what more?
4. If HF is so popular and worth a guide like this why can't you group up fans from HF? I don't see a purpose with comming on here.

Well the most HF funs would spend much time doing projects for HF if they could. MangaD just asked help...if you dont want to help him, thats ok...

Thanks given by:
Just want to point out that a guide is unnecessary because Marti made an official moves/controls list. Players can figure out the rest themselves by playing, this is more of a simple fanart.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
Didn't wanned to post but whatever
Here, [Image: TzFNnqN.png]
Dont know if its looks good or similar but atleast doing something is better than talking

I agree to STM1993 but if guy wants to try something, why not?
its like with Data Changers.
Useful
Thanks given by: Overlord Hunter , MangaD