Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't start a war, rate them neutral
eh... this is stupid
if some one (no not the user) rates you negative rate them back its as simple as that
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2011, 11:56 AM)qwertz143 Wrote:  eh... this is stupid
if some one (no not the user) rates you negative rate them back its as simple as that

interesting,how you gona rate not user?.-.-

Troll mode activated TwistedDemonEvil
Thanks given by:

Eh this must not happen.Rep system is used to give your opinion for him/her.
1.If you rate+ means you like user for some reasons and you need to write these reasons.
2.If you rate0 means you don't like the user so you can't give him a positive,but you can't rate him/her negative because he/she has not done anything bad.
3.If you rate negative means user has done bad things.

These problems which are happening,happen because admins have not write rules for rating (or even if they have wrote nobody have seen that thread with these rules).

For me right now rep system need to be disabled.Or if admins wrote some rules,users can follow them.And if they make stupid rating,they need to be warned.
Thanks given by: Drahcir , Taniaetc , Bamboori

This
is one of the reasons it was disabled some time ago.

I was a supporter of rep-reenabling, but now... i would vote to disable it again.
Failed usage and abusage.
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
No, don't disable it, I want to achieve 69 rep points! :(

seriously, seeing today's noobs over-repping everything, I'd vote for disabling too (69rep... noooo!!)
RAZEN in this thread wrote:
Quote:The LFE-Team and I discussed about the reputation system in the last time and decided to deactivate it. It's not really used how it should be used, members start to collect some reputations requesting them and you get reps like "Welcome back"

This is not what it should be used for!

That's all I have to say about this...

Then for what is it used? As I said admins should wrote some rules like these in my last post.So members can understand for what is used this system.Even if I am not too old here,I have seen that rep system has been disabled several times.I don't know for what reason,but I think for stupid ratings and all this was/is happening because members don't know how to use it.

I know that a lot of user give those rep+ like "welcome back".
In fact,sometimes I have given rep+ like this.Why?
I have given those kind of rep+ to motivate them (mostly new users).Then I have thought to rate them seriously in a near future (example with kushagranjik).(Also I have seen sometimes Bamboori doing the same same thing.)

@Silva
You have seen my rep status and there are to many neutrals.These neutrals have helped me to repair my mistakes.So I didn't have those neutrals,I would not know where am I doing wrong.So rep0 are helpful/necessary.
Also,sb move this to website Improvements
Thanks given by: Hero destroyer
yay
time to promote my thoughts on the reputation system again!

good call linking that thread empirefantasy
let me quote myself from that

YinYin Wrote:  i agree about disabling this
i also agree that it still was a cool feature - but managing each and every rep comment manually just doesnt work and on top of that is stupid and unnecessary censorship
but i think it could be easily improved for the ... well .. milieu we have here
the improvement (Click to View)
YinYin Wrote:  leave it disabled until we have something of that kind

Thanks given by: Divisor , Drahcir , Taniaetc , Jernemies , Bamboori , Dr. Time
(05-29-2011, 03:16 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
the improvement (Click to View)

I have seen this post before and I agree with this but not totally.
For me just comments and thumbs up/down.Then per will be decided from these thumbs.
Example: user with 30 thumbs up in total and 10 thumbs down in total will have 20 rep.
Thanks given by:
May I propose a concrete forum rule concerning reputations?

Something like this:

Thou shalt not give someone a positive reputation for any reason not pertaining directly to the LFE forum.

Thou shalt not give a negative reputation for anything except a direct and flagrant violation of a forum rule, or repeated less serious ones, wherein the user does not show any sign of changing his or her behavior no matter what happens.

EDIT: Edited based on SirFrog's comment.
FOLLOW THE RULES!

LFE Forum Rules (Click to View)
Grand Fonic Hymn - Orchestral Arrangement. Arranged by me. I promise it's not horribad.
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2011, 08:36 PM)Drahcir Wrote:  Thou shalt not give a negative reputation for anything except direct and flagrant violation of a forum rule, or repeated less serious ones.

We give warnings in those cases, you know.
| Metaknight | G-types | Bottle Skinz | Companion Cube | Art Gallery |
"Do not grieve, it is logical. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."
- Mr. Spock
"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken"
- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
Thanks given by: