Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
mind control?
~ moved to advanced

erm, as far as I got it right the char should move "into" the (nearest) enemy and take control (for a while?)

I would use Laulis method but you'll need to modify all characters:

use state 400 (lf2-empire/references/states) to beam next to the nearest enemy, catch him with itr/kind 3 (lf2-empire/frame elements/itr) and transform into it (lf2-empire/advanced DC/type0/Rudolf transform). During the transform the char you just control should be hidden (so pic: 1000). In the end of the transform move your char will appear ...

and I realise another problem: it'll be hell lot of work, I would add a itr/kind 8 y1000 to the catched char in the falling frames and a bdy y1000 to ALL other chars in all frames!? erm, isnt this to much work for one move?

The "stop taking control" is easy, press DJA, no bdy at y1000 anymore (your char don't have it). The char you took control over will switch between two frames with itr/kind 8 dvx when it hit the chars bdy, if there's no bdy anymore he'll reappear after a short wait counted down... (with next: 999 or other if you wish).

The only real big problem is the enourmous work for the bdys...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
thanks, well- all i really ment was jut change a team with a long range move and be on my side.. :D thanks for all the help but- i just need help with changing a team, i know real control is alot of work so how can i just use a skill (like lets say the flute - that everyone in the area will turn to my side? or just a normal move that hits- and the target turns to fight for me..
btw- isnt the option for turning teams already in the game? the comp in stage mod turn to your team all the time.... y cant i just fine whats doing it and use it as a move?
Thanks given by:
to the thing like the flute
just use an higher x y w and h value
Thanks given by:
(09-24-2008, 05:39 PM)psiiijay Wrote:  btw- isnt the option for turning teams already in the game? the comp in stage mod turn to your team all the time.... y cant i just fine whats doing it and use it as a move?
when you look into stage.dat, you'll find a certain tag that makes the enemy join your team when you kill him. This tag is called "join: ". The number behind it indicates the amount of hp the opponent will have after he joined your team. Since this has been implemented in the source code of lf2, there is no way for "ordinary" dcing to make this happen...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(09-24-2008, 06:01 PM)Lf2-hacker Wrote:  to the thing like the flute
just use an higher x y w and h value

erm, I doubt he want something with the flute effect like henry has it, more like the sound of the flute confuse the enemys near the player and help them.

Well, the problem with areas is always that you don't know how many enemies are in there and so it would be hard to make effects based on balls (only with ratio clone or so).

I have one question: this helping you - should it be temporary or for the rest of the game? in case it is temporary we need to keep the enemy somewhere, if not we can delete itwhich makes things much easier. In case it's not temporary I suggest only to "convert" one enemy...
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
i guess if doing it temp is too hard, a one that wont turn off will be ok :)...
but still, how can just making one turn teams be done?
Thanks given by:
during you play the flute create one hidden ball (state 3005, pic: 1000) which beams to the next enemy (state 400) and catch i with itr/kind 3, transform into it with Rudolf Transform (advanced DC / Type 0) and delete the char then (catchingact: 1000 should work I think).

When you've problems with this always post the compleate code from now on. Makes things easier and faster ;)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
so theres no simple way of just making him join? with what you said- wont it look like i become the target and the target just wont be there? there wont be a rudolf in the game like that i guess.
any ways - i know how to script but the frames thing i just get the hang of now.. i can only play with char powers and give it to others - but not combine effects in one move yet..
Thanks given by:
(09-25-2008, 03:55 PM)psiiijay Wrote:  so theres no simple way of just making him join? with what you said- wont it look like i become the target and the target just wont be there? there wont be a rudolf in the game like that i guess.
any ways - i know how to script but the frames thing i just get the hang of now.. i can only play with char powers and give it to others - but not combine effects in one move yet..

erm, the thing I describe makes the nearest enemy join your team forever...

isnt this what you want? The DC method is called "Rudolf Transform" cause there's state 80xx and the way rudolf do it - but it's only a technique, no reaon to use rudolf char for it :p

about the coding problems. sorry I can't do more for you in the moment, busy with stuff
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
thank alot, ill try working on it.. i still wont put it in solved yet i guess till itll be readyand running?
Thanks given by: