Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Anyone Seen This Modified Davis?
I've been playing and following LF2 since early development, probably like 1.2. It was about 1.6-1.8 that I got into modding the game, well more accurately, downloading other peoples mods and adding to my game through the file DEEP_CHOP.dat. Anyone else remember those days? Anyway, I've digressed. I am looking for a specific character named Baseball Davis. He was able to summon a baseball bat, and different color tinted baseballs that either froze, burned, or exploded. You'd essentially summon your bat and then summon the ball as if you are pitching to yourself, swing the bat, and freeze or explode your enemies. Does anyone know where I can find this guy and make him compatible with 2.0?
Thanks given by:
Well, I have checked the fileplanet for any character with name davis in it.. No luck. I guess it will trigger some thoughts of names if you go through this list (from page 8)

http://lf-empire.de/lfe-fileplanet/chara...?start=175

hope it helps ;)
a.k.a firzenx or X.
Deviantart| Arts |sprites|FaceBook
Thanks given by:
I remember playing this very baseball Davis you have described long ago, back in 1.7. His baseball bat is metal and was exceptionally powerful iirc(or maybe I had modded the bat...), and all his moves are replaced by summoning different baseballs. D>A is normal, DvA should be ice, D^A is fire, D^J is explosive. DvJ is probably summon bat.

I believe that original character data is now lost forever; I haven't been able to find it myself either.

Fortunately, it should be very easy to recreate that character yourself. It mostly comes down to replacing his moves with the same data in D>A, but changing the opoint "oid" to summon baseballs or a bat, having 3 extra baseball data files(2 of them just need adding effect: 2 or effect: 3 into the itr tags, the explosion one is a little bit trickier) and giving them a new id in the data.txt file(this used to be done using deep_chop.dat). The summoned bat has to replace the default bat otherwise it wouldn't hit the balls properly since its properties are tied to the id, though its not necessary to edit the bat at all.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Bamboori
for the exploding ones you could check out my templatex.
i dont recall though how exactly i did it :p
Thanks given by:
Recreated the character in a couple of hours.
[Image: mUpurhE.png]
[Image: UFINg5C.png]

.zip   Baseball.zip (Size: 145.2 KB / Downloads: 112)
Follow the instructions in the readme on how to install the character.

Merry Christmas!

Credits:
Metal baseball bat sprites (weapon0.bmp & broken.bmp) were made by Do from The Little Realm.
The rest of the data & sprites are modified by me, using YinYin's VDC 1.5 and Photoshop respectively.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: A-Man , MnM , AmadisLFE , Deep
(12-24-2015, 04:59 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  Recreated the character in a couple of hours.
[Image: mUpurhE.png]
[Image: UFINg5C.png]

Follow the instructions in the readme on how to install the character.

Merry Christmas!

Credits:
Metal baseball bat sprites (weapon0.bmp & broken.bmp) were made by Do from The Little Realm.
The rest of the data & sprites are modified by me, using YinYin's VDC 1.5 and Photoshop respectively.

Shock Holy Smokes!...Fantastic!. Thank you! This definitely made my day.
Thanks given by: