Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Deadly past (remake)
Hy, my dear readers!

since i have decided to rewrite the prologue, i thought i should make a new topic for this. So that the organisation stays the same :D

Title cover (Click to View)
Chapter one (Click to View)

so far i have decided to add music to the chapters...

I am giving credits to the following ppl (who helped me up to now):
- Ramond (he gave me the motivation to rewrite the story and thus not giving it up, also gave me some inspiration on how to describe some scences)
- Bp ( he made an uber awesome cover for it and also helped me with some translations :D, for encouraging me)
- Es ( my beta - reader , he didn't have that much time to read it but still he was/is a big help)
- Reaper (he was maybe the main factor why i rewrote this one and also finished the 1st chapter. i wanted to impress him even more :D )
- Zabobula (who has showed me with honest, earnest critic what i am doing wrong ;) )
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
off-topic: Wow BP...

I know its just the prologue, huge improvement btw...good job, but I noticed some minor mistakes: "The man stood up, putting his hat on his hat and started to walk" (You mean hat on his head?)

The way he was entering now leaded to the next nearby city (My suggestion: Use lead instead of leaded)

"Skyscrapers, electronically cars and a lot of sounds" (You mean electronic? Oh and you need a comma after cars)

Other than that, a very nice restart I might add...again lol. I like the idea you're playing with as far as time goes. A guy with a sword, a samurai I'm guessing (or some kind of assassin), in a futuristic landscape. Well because of BP's picture its clear...ER. Good job man.
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
thanks..
to the mistakes..
1. i have overseen that one.. :p
2. yeah i even wrote electronic.. but somehow the writing program changed it again

the mistakes are as good as gone.. yeah thats why i was so happy about bp's work.. now its easier to get what i am going
to write about.. now working on chapter one.. i guess that will take another 3 days or even more.. (lack of time nowadays )
Thanks given by:
YAYZ first chapter done..

Chapter one (Click to View)
Thanks to:
  • Bp (for helping me with some parts and for encouraging me :D)
  • Don(for fixing up some of my mistakes and giving me some improvements)
  • all the guys of lfe which have read the prologue (that is the best motivation ever ;) )

Well then.. now hopefully there is enough thrill in it for everybody :D
Thanks given by:
See this as a sign that hacker has readen your story and was amazed by it

..........\o/
~Hacker |
......... /\
Thanks given by:
It was really nice reading this story with that music( music makes the color of this story )...
I can only say awesome work!:D
Thanks given by:
poor... what's his name? Anway, you said I should read your story because you lack some motivation, so...*reading* I say: Next chapter! I unfortunately haven't seen the music, but even without its very good. And there is much more action than in my stories :D
Just maybe two things:
firstly I think that the describtion of his brother's and parent's death were a bit short, or at least he should tell himself that its pointless to think about it.
finally you should maybe describe the man a bit, too. Maybe you did in the prologue, but it has been some time since I read it and the boy/man( you haven't said anything about the gender I think but I assume he is :D) sees the man for the first time. So he should also notice the outlook.
Maybe you could use atmosphere a bit more( light is a good possibility at night) but I am telling that to everybody so I am starting to think I'm just too much foccused on that. Who needs atmosphere when he is in a fight about life or death?

Or, to put it short and simple: Go on.( If you don't know how, just ask. But I am pretty sure you will do a great job.)
Thanks given by:
(07-19-2009, 02:33 PM)Reaper Wrote:  poor... what's his name?
Kimi Kobayashi ( i am very proud of this name, it's an original, common japanese name, which took me some effort to actually "google it" :D)

Reaper Wrote:Anway, you said I should read your story because you lack some motivation, so...*reading* I say: Next chapter! I unfortunately haven't seen the music, but even without its very good. And there is much more action than in my stories :D
thanks for that, not everybody follows my call ;)
well, i have some difficulties with it cause compared with chapter one , chapter two is pretty much actionless. There will be alot of talking in it and i am not sure how to express it without making the reader bored. You know my story isn't really specified considering genres. In my story there is love, action and thrill in it. Prologue happened to be the thrill part (for now) and chapter 1 is one of the action parts. So which one is left? love right? that's why i think chapter 2 will be extremly boring for most of my readers, so i am kinda stuck cause i don't know how to make it interesting. Not to mention the "And.. what have we learnt from this?" part :D

Reaper Wrote:Just maybe two things:
firstly I think that the describtion of his brother's and parent's death were a bit short, or at least he should tell himself that its pointless to think about it.
finally you should maybe describe the man a bit, too. Maybe you did in the prologue, but it has been some time since I read it and the boy/man( you haven't said anything about the gender I think but I assume he is :D) sees the man for the first time. So he should also notice the outlook.
Maybe you could use atmosphere a bit more( light is a good possibility at night) but I am telling that to everybody so I am starting to think I'm just too much foccused on that. Who needs atmosphere when he is in a fight about life or death?
thing is, i didn't want to get into detail that much. Chapter one was supposed to be more action-like. But i couldn't start with action right away (imgine the boy just jumping into the scene where the prologue ended, how horrible :D) so i had to come up with something. Later on more things will be explained or be self-explanatory. Most likely in the thrill parts as in that the deaths of his parents have a higher meaning and such (just that you can imagine something :p).

yeah you are right but fact is the boy was in a situation of stress ("PANIC ATTACK") and well do you catch every detail when you are in panic? the boy should resemble me in some ways .. and i know from myself that in a situation of panic i am not caring about details. Soo chapter one and the following chapters will be from the perspective of the boy. As in when the boy doesn't catch any details, you (the reader) don't catch them too. That is one of my problems, for me everything is clear (self-explanatory :D) so sometimes i miss some things which would be important for the reader. This is my second battle scene i describe, at the first one i failed pretty clearly so i fully concentrated on the battle scene (the main thing from this chapter) and so some of the usual atmosphere i am building up is partly or even fully missing. But i was pretty satisfied with the result of the battle scene so i didn't think about changing it.

Reaper Wrote:Or, to put it short and simple: Go on.( If you don't know how, just ask. But I am pretty sure you will do a great job.)
Thanks for your motivation, same goes with me if you have some problems you can ask me too and yeah i hope so. In fact i am fearing that chapter 2 will not be even close to be as good as the first chapter. :(
Thanks given by:
hate double-posts but it is my own topic so ya

Chapter 2: The Runaway Princess (Click to View)
stay tuned for the chapter 3 callled "Fateful encounter"
Thanks given by:
Yay, glad you did a new chapter. Sadly I've read half of it before already, but it's nice nonetheless.
Well, I've told you my opinion before already, I still don't really like the usage of irony in this context while "sticking out like a sword in a gunfight" sounds pretty awesome.
The whole part is written pretty nice and fluent, some parts could have been a bit longer, especially the part where she ask him if he comes with her. Just as a side note:
(05-22-2010, 10:39 PM)Phil Wrote:  I don’t want to marry him, I don’t want you.
:D
Other than that it was a pretty awesome chapter. What I do't get is why he has those thoughts about the samurai. I reread a part of the last chapter and his way of acting isn't the one of somebody who is forced to do his job. Rather of somebody who enjoys it.
Quote:stay tuned for the chapter 3 callled "Fateful encounter"
I will :D
Thanks given by: