Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[weapon]Jukebox
BluePhoenix Wrote:yea, I know that, and your example is the reason why I don't want to do that. If it was that easy like in Flash...

I have another idea..........
What if you split the songs in small chunks, and let these play? As soon as you hit the object, a bdy is created and the music is stopped via itr (k: 8) which leads to a dummy-frame...

but this would lower the quality of the music instead of a 12345678910 it would become a 123-45-678-910 got it?
[Image: qwaqyydv.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd love to see people compose music using sound effects in LF2 by scripting it using timers etc instead of just trying to make a file play.

..Just throwing that out there since it seems to relate
Thanks given by:
Lauli Wrote:If you can give the music file a few blank seconds before it starts, then simply make the radio (or whatsoever) repeat the sound with a very low wait.

As far as I know, if a sound hasn't ended and there's a new one played, the sound will simply restart.

The only problem is that you also have the music in menue, pause and more...
that will only allow a start and stop function
BluePhoenix Wrote:I have another idea..........
What if you split the songs in small chunks, and let these play? As soon as you hit the object, a bdy is created and the music is stopped via itr (k: 8) which leads to a dummy-frame...
that was my plan - only way of having a pause feature
Cirno Wrote:I'd love to see people compose music using sound effects in LF2 by scripting it using timers etc instead of just trying to make a file play.
which is what i want to do for alf2 - however not with lf2 sounds
it should allow for a basic rythm for each stage - and then adding another beat/melody once you get into a boss fight
etc - interactive music - only thing that would be worth all that trouble
yakub Wrote:but this would lower the quality of the music instead of a 12345678910 it would become a 123-45-678-910 got it?
that really only depends on how well you do it - silva and i had a basic single loop set up like this, you couldn notice where the 'gap' was
Thanks given by:
Problem with the splitting is that if there are some CPU-intensive-parts, you will hear the gap. But you'll have that anyways, so let's don't talk about that :p
Instead, let's bury that project and wait for the next official version of LF2 :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43189914/lf31.rar.html
http://www.savefile.com/files/1525742

Original thread:
http://lf2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=471...sc&start=0

I think thats pretty much what you want.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
I'm sorry for necro-ing an old thread like this, but I've come up with a solution for the 'pause' feature;

A type: 0 hitting something with a normal itr: and vrest: 0 will freeze in the frame it currently is - you can use this to create a pause feature.
Pause by opointing a ball with an unique bdy and unpause by deleting it.

@ Mods: Throw my post into the disposal if you think my post is useless.
@ Anyone willing to revive this project: I can do the coding if you can do the spriting ;s
My projects:
=> Comet - LF2 ver.1.9/1.9c skin.
=> CRE - ComboRegenerativeEnemy.

Contact me if the links to my projects become unavailable.
Thanks given by: