Poll: what should his running DA action be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
energy less punch
36.36%
4 36.36%
running grab
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alf2 - current state: louis' DA action
(08-25-2011, 04:20 PM)YinYin Wrote:  any idea on how to realize the border on a DA input?

I have an idea about it. Max mp is 500.
Lets say we want to set border to 300.
That move have a mp: 300 in its first frame.
Then we want that move to spent 50 mp.
Then give a mp: -250 to second frame of move.

With this way move will not be performed under mp 300. I wish it helps...

EDIT: It doesn't help.:P
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2011, 06:58 PM)xmfcx Wrote:  
(08-25-2011, 04:20 PM)YinYin Wrote:  any idea on how to realize the border on a DA input?

I have an idea about it. Max mp is 500. Lets say we want to set border to 300. That move have a mp: 300 in its first frame. Then we want that move to spent 50 mp. Then give a mp: -250 to second frame of move. ......... With this way move will not be performed under mp 300. I wish it helps...

That would make you lose 550 MP
negative mp tags only give you mp during a button command.
So for my DBZ chars I have them charge their KI (MP) by spamming the attack button and the frame it goes to has a negative mp tag.
As for charging kamehameha - the first frame uses like 10 mp then the next frames use negative mp and you continously lose MP.
Thanks given by: mfc
By the way it should work for normal inputs. I haven't studied enough on double key inputs. So i don't know if it works on that too
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@bash: well you could use the hit_a/j/d tags to get to the next frame
Thanks given by:
I was quick-replying under my last post. You ninja'ed lol. ...... I wish i would be close to my computer and send it after succesing it... I'm not sure but as i remember, negative mp tags was making a char to lose mp continuously on looping frames. Like firen burning run, inferno, firzen yellow laser etc.
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2011, 07:22 PM)Bamboori Wrote:  @bash: well you could use the hit_a/j/d tags to get to the next frame

but you'd have to actually PRESS the keys for the negative tag to return mp to you. otherwise it'd just drain you mp.
So you can't return mp in the middle of a frame sequence. you can only return mp on KEY INPUT.

EDIT: mmm nvm.. just woke up. not sure what I'm trying to say. lol.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
you are trying to say that it would require the player to input DA+A for example
and that very very quickly
because the key doesn't carry over on double inputs

this is not a solution
(08-25-2011, 06:41 PM)Ramond Wrote:  IMO a running grab wouldn't be too overpowered at all. Wouldn't be very hard to dodge if Louis can only use it during running, and if a human enemy knows he has this move, he can pretty much try to avoid it completely.
And a simple grabbing attack against multiple enemies isn't very useful, so I guess a running grab should still be only used sparingly.

maybe i should have mentioned that this actually does invoke the whirlwind throw right away - its not normal grabbing
because the whirlwind throw takes almost no mp and if you grab your opponent normally you will always have time to hit him a few times while waiting for that amount and then performing the whirlwind throw
which sums up to a pretty high total damage
so its an instant whirlwind throw instead - which can be useful for crowds
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2011, 04:02 PM)YinYin Wrote:  i could however make you punch in D^J at once during running to get the run grab
but thats way more uncomfortable than DA
Do it! The hell with comfortableness, you can call it skill D:
Both of them are so good ideas that you just have to do this D:

Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2011, 06:11 AM)YinYin Wrote:  maybe i should have mentioned that this actually does invoke the whirlwind throw right away - its not normal grabbing
because the whirlwind throw takes almost no mp and if you grab your opponent normally you will always have time to hit him a few times while waiting for that amount and then performing the whirlwind throw
which sums up to a pretty high total damage
so its an instant whirlwind throw instead - which can be useful for crowds

It changes everything. Are we able to change our voted thingies:D
Thanks given by: