Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire deals more damage!
Yo, its me again :D

So my question today sounds: how to add weakness to char?
For example i want to deal more damage with fire to a specific char, i wrote
this

Code:
<frame> 203 fire
   pic: 78  state: 18  wait: 1  next: 204  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0  centerx: 39  centery: 79  hit_a: 0  hit_d: 0  hit_j: 0 mp: 5000
   wpoint:
      kind: 1  x: 42  y: 46  weaponact: 21  attacking: 0  cover: 0  dvx: 0  dvy: 0  dvz: 0
   wpoint_end:
   itr:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 35  w: 26  h: 19  dvx: -6  dvy: -6  fall: 70  vrest: 70  bdefend: 16  injury: 30  
      effect: 20  
   itr_end:
   bdy:
      kind: 0  x: 22  y: 35  w: 26  h: 19
   bdy_end:
<frame_end>

mp: yyxxx
x = MP lost
y = HP lost

Then that should works (-50hp and -0 mana), but nothing happen when that char is on fire.
Thanks given by:
Hmm as far as I remember, the mp: tag is a slight complicated.. and I never thoroughly understood that! :P
Someone will be able to explain that properly in detail I hope.
try this though " mp: 05000"

But alternatively you can do a simple summon that hits your character?
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: Onyx
Quote:try this though " mp: 05000"
doesn't work :(

Quote:But alternatively you can do a simple summon that hits your character?
Yea but this is more work than simply mp.
But thanks anyway :)

Waitin for next replies.
Thanks given by:
positive mp tags only work when entering that frame by using a button (attack/jump/defend or a special move input)
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , Onyx
Positive MP tag doesn't work if the frame isn't activated by button, as YinYin said.
Negative MP tag doesn't work with HP, and it can easily cause bugs like having the burning character suddenly go into standing frame when he runs out of mana.

If you are making a full mod, an easy but very tedious method is to simply make the character have an extra bdy while all fire attacks have an extra itr that can hit it for double damage.

Unfortunately I can't offer any better solution. Trying to spawn opoints with Itr kind 8 cannot be used to directly deal damage, while other Itr kinds could deal the damage alright, but would cause the knockback effect for all fire attacks to be screwed up.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , Onyx , T.O.R.N.A.D.O
Thanks again, and one more question, can i set a specific defense to a ball?
Thanks given by:
(07-21-2014, 01:33 PM)Onyx Wrote:  Thanks again, and one more question, can i set a specific defense to a ball?

Well, my answer: I don't think its possible, but might be possible, state 3006 only dies when touching other state 3006 balls and or a state 3005 ball, but, has a HP, every char it hits, its HP goes down, and suddenly disappears, but, I don't really know how to set a special defense ( Specific defense, like 3.0 ) Without HEX, and I don't think, HEX can help, so, I think, that setting a specific defense isn't a possible feature.
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by: Onyx
(07-21-2014, 01:33 PM)Onyx Wrote:  Thanks again, and one more question, can i set a specific defense to a ball?
Your defense would be another ball with an itr effect 4. If you want to make it specific, you can make this itr hidden while the ball it protects against has a hidden bdy corresponding to it. If you use the normal ball state 3000, then its a one-time protection.

If the ball you are trying to protect against is a 3005/3006, then your protection needs to be either state 3005/3006 itself(only protects once) or be using John's D>J shield itr kind(protection lasts as long as the shield exists).
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE , Onyx