Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DataChanger] LF2 IDE v3.4.0
There is an upcoming new release. Hype!

What's New?
Instant Data Loader (aka Write to Exe) - thanks @Someone else
Bug fixes - as usual
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
[Image: sigline.png]
LF2 IDE - Advanced visual data changer featuring instant data loader
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
There is no perfect language, but C++ is the worst.
Thanks given by:
Quote:It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
-Confucius

LF2 IDE v3.0

Update Log (Click to View)

In short words, you don't have to restart LF2 anymore and it works for all kind of data files. Backgrounds, stages, char-weapon... All of it.
F9 -> Brings Instant Data Loader window
F10 -> Automatically detects data file id/type from data.txt and immediatelly loads it.
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
Thanks given by: Silverthorn , A-Man , Hate , onparalelkenarag , mfc
Nice nice. A little suggestion, how about extending the syntax highlighting to cover the new Neora tags/features as well? (perhaps upon checking a little menu option) Most modders seem to use that now. You will face problems with the insta-frame injection stuff though, so you may as well want to disable that when the Neora option is on.

(I like that quote, also "slow and steady wins the race")

Keep it up mate!
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2016, 07:40 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Nice nice. A little suggestion, how about extending the syntax highlighting to cover the new Neora tags/features as well? (perhaps upon checking a little menu option) Most modders seem to use that now. You will face problems with the insta-frame injection stuff though, so you may as well want to disable that when the Neora option is on.
I think IDL might work in case Neora use the same memory layout, and I really think it does since it's some sort of hex edited LF2 right? But it will currently not work anyway cause LF2 IDE only search for name lf2 in processes.
And about Neora syntax highlighting... I feel that Neora has problems that makes it a no-go, apart from bugs, it doesn't run as smooth as LF2 which greatly kills enjoyment. I wouldn't want modders to use it if they don't desperately need it (from perspective of a player). I might very well add highlighting but not before I feel like it.
If few modders come up saying I want it then ok, I'll do it. Otherwise not gonna happen in this next version.

About next version
I implemented warning system in IDL, which is going to turn it into something like dat-compiler that you can ensure validity of your code. It will give you warnings about tokens which are not recognized. Some tags cause warning even if they are valid code because their functionality is not known so far. IE: I don't know how to process <end> tags in stage.dat and rect: tags in bg.dat so it is unrecognized by the IDL system.
As a side note, if you write something like "pic: wait: 3", it will crash IDL system and results in an exception message because it will try to convert "wait:" token to an integer and will fail. So if you get a message box (or error output) written things like FormatException in it, check for that kind of errors in the data code. I will try to improve that some time.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I think IDL might work in case Neora use the same memory layout, and I really think it does since it's some sort of hex edited LF2 right?
I am not very sure myself, but I think someone mentioned before that it's based on LF2 2.0, and not 2.0a. So I think most if not all of the addresses have changed. Regardless, it probably won't be worth the effort, as the modified exe already loads characters again with each battle.

Lately most of the mods coming out are made using Neora LF2, so I thought if you add syntax highlighting at least, you'd get yourself the new audience.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(01-13-2016, 05:28 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Regardless, it probably won't be worth the effort, as the modified exe already loads characters again with each battle.
Indeed.

(01-13-2016, 05:28 AM)A-Man Wrote:  Lately most of the mods coming out are made using Neora LF2, so I thought if you add syntax highlighting at least, you'd get yourself the new audience.
Makes sense, but it can turn out to be a nightmare because the design synchronization code I've written is by far the worst hack I have ever did, it's messy, horrible, and just discards unknown tags. At this point, it's not easy to change that freaking code. I don't even want to touch it. I might try to detect if data file contains Neora tags and disable that stuff altogether -in which case you lose probably the most helpful feature of LF2 IDE. I dunno...
I also think about releasing a Lite version which won't contain all that cool visual stuff, just things required to edit data and solution explorer. I will surely add syntax highlighting to that.

Huge thanks for taking time to even suggest ideas for improvement, it's invaluable :D
Thanks given by:
Everything is pretty badass. I'm just so much missing some visualisation for frame viewing.
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2016, 11:22 AM)Gad Wrote:  Everything is pretty badass. I'm just so much missing some visualisation for frame viewing.

What exactly you mean?
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2016, 11:24 AM)Nightmarex1337 Wrote:  
(01-18-2016, 11:22 AM)Gad Wrote:  Everything is pretty badass. I'm just so much missing some visualisation for frame viewing.

What exactly you mean?

Being able to see sprites and all like in YinYin's VDC.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(01-18-2016, 11:35 AM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  Being able to see sprites and all like in YinYin's VDC.

That's already supported..?

LF2 IDE v3.0 asks for "LF2 Path" at startup. If you set it correctly it will restart itself and start loading sprites automatically as you open dat files Sorry, this happens in version v3.1.0 (which is now available), but you can still set 'LF2 Path' and restarting manually will work. You can clearly see it in Design panel (at right). You can even enable design synchronization (in Design panel). When enabled, moving cursor to a frame will make all the stuff (bdy, itr w/o/c/b-point, center-x/y) appear in Design panel's frame view and changing those properties in Design panel will immediately reflect changes to code. There might be bugs but it should work most of the time.

If you can't see panels then click "View > Show 'whatever' Window" and you should be fine.

Should I start writing a wiki page? Seems like no one gets the point...

So... I just updated to v3.1.0

Update Log (Click to View)
Thanks given by: