Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: [char] frozen [progress+release]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
(08-25-2009, 06:33 AM)Alectric Wrote: [ -> ]sorry Siegvar, but i kinda doubt you will complete it. If you prove me wrong, you can shun me all you want though. I have hope you do.
Siegvar Wrote:or better yet, a group of such people?
there arent many willing spriters anymore....damn modern days. Also, MH tried to organise the same thing with making a 'Marti' char, and of course that died too.
Im not saying you cant do it, and i am definitely not doubting your abillity, its just that it is quite rare around nowadays to find people who actually finish this sorta thing, and im sure you will lose interest.

I would LOVE to help too, but, people have flooded my PM inbox with requests...gargh
and i havent had time to finish Steve yet, even though i am so close.
I dont have time for the next like 7 weeks. bloody hell.

Ah. to clarify, I wasn't asking for the aid of others in MAKING the sprites and data.
I was asking for them to help comment in order for me to bring their visions of Frozen to life as well as my own. And I mean to pay more attention to the older members around, who've been around when the original sketch started circulating, because that nostalgic sense of awe is what I want to recreate.

And its to be expected that people are skeptical about my ability to follow through with such a project, its a natural reaction, AND I have a track record of not living up to my word. LOL.... kinda like Peter Monyleux does(or does not, lol.) with his games.
However, I have been working on a couple of unannounced lf2 projects that has given me practice and confidence that this time I've got a handle of things and have a better chance of going through with this.
That and I got sh**** of time on my hands this month.
(08-25-2009, 07:05 AM)Siegvar Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2009, 06:33 AM)Alectric Wrote: [ -> ]sorry Siegvar, but i kinda doubt you will complete it. If you prove me wrong, you can shun me all you want though. I have hope you do.
Siegvar Wrote:or better yet, a group of such people?
there arent many willing spriters anymore....damn modern days. Also, MH tried to organise the same thing with making a 'Marti' char, and of course that died too.
Im not saying you cant do it, and i am definitely not doubting your abillity, its just that it is quite rare around nowadays to find people who actually finish this sorta thing, and im sure you will lose interest.

I would LOVE to help too, but, people have flooded my PM inbox with requests...gargh
and i havent had time to finish Steve yet, even though i am so close.
I dont have time for the next like 7 weeks. bloody hell.

Ah. to clarify, I wasn't asking for the aid of others in MAKING the sprites and data.
I was asking for them to help comment in order for me to bring their visions of Frozen to life as well as my own. And I mean to pay more attention to the older members around, who've been around when the original sketch started circulating, because that nostalgic sense of awe is what I want to recreate.

And its to be expected that people are skeptical about my ability to follow through with such a project, its a natural reaction, AND I have a track record of not living up to my word. LOL.... kinda like Peter Monyleux does(or does not, lol.) with his games.
However, I have been working on a couple of unannounced lf2 projects that has given me practice and confidence that this time I've got a handle of things and have a better chance of going through with this.
That and I got sh**** of time on my hands this month.

Well I hope you achieve it - I keep getting bloody stuck whenever I do spriting, I get so bored so quickly xD
oh man, i was grumpy when i got home from school. I am really sorry about that Siegvar. Thats probably not the motivation you wanted to hear.
I should have been more supportive. Again, sorry.
(08-25-2009, 10:41 AM)Alectric Wrote: [ -> ]oh man, i was grumpy when i got home from school. I am really sorry about that Siegvar. Thats probably not the motivation you wanted to hear.
I should have been more supportive. Again, sorry.

Aha, no sweat. It was like an off-centre thrust in fencing. No harm done coz it missed the mark. lool.

Plus I feel better when there are more brutally frank opinions thrown my way. That way I won't get paranoid that people are just being polite.

btw, how did you do the strikethrough effect on your text? what tag did you use?

AAAAAANNNDDD... we gotta stop flooding Prince_Freeza's thread with off topic replies.

I'm looking forward to you finishing this character, and beginning work on another.
I may not like your Frozen, I might even hate it, but the fact remains that you did a pretty good job on it(Its just that its Frozen and I'm completely ANAL when it comes to him... I've been well trained(brainwashed) by Yinyin in the arts of being anal.). Definitely looking forward to an original character from you, especially if you can improve even furthur with the next character.
(08-25-2009, 03:01 PM)Siegvar Wrote: [ -> ]btw, how did you do the strikethrough effect on your text? what tag did you use?
[#s]Without the # symbols.[#/s]

Ontopic: I must say that the original sketch has left a very deep imprint on me and that I understand the discussion that has arrisen, but was it really worth all the direct/harsh commenting?

I support the both of you, but I'll always remember Frozen as that sketch. Neither of your characters emote me like that sketch and I acknowledge your characters as stand-alone ones.

I like both projects (Siegvar's a little more for numerous reasons) and I hope they both will be completed.
(08-25-2009, 03:49 PM)JossuaDC Wrote: [ -> ]Ontopic: I must say that the original sketch has left a very deep imprint on me and that I understand the discussion that has arrisen, but was it really worth all the direct/harsh commenting?

Was it worth it? I dunno. I know i just couldn't help it. I first saw the original sketch when I was 10 years old... I was just a kid then... and thought it was divine. Haha.

Now that I look at it with a better understanding and skill in drawing I can logically say it's good but nothing miraculous.
However the imprint in my mind is still there, and its so strong its like an unconscious impulse to want it to be nothing less than perfect.
(08-26-2009, 06:19 PM)prince_freeza Wrote: [ -> ]siegvar if you dont like my ver i would really like to see u do ur own...
and other thing whats this??? no one gave a damn about the char untill i brought him to the forum and now every one is making his own ver?? well at least make him something other than frozen it doesnt have to be frozen. like i said i am thinking of closing the thread. AND DO NOT TOUCH THE SPRITES I MADE NO NEED NO CREDIT OR NOTHING JUST DONT TOUCH THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! me and my bro were so close on finishing him just needed to add a nice finishing move and bam released but nooooo. siegvar decided to interact and make his own ver of the char. i mean whats the fun of making him if every body makes him on the style they like??! when i saw these last 3 frozen threads i was kinda speechless..lets see how would u feel when some one takes ur char and does his own ver of him (i know its not my char exactly)

In honesty - Don't get so upset. The reason people make the frozen character is probably because of the recent challenge that Siegvar made and then took back. The fact he then revealed the picture to everyone kind of got their spirits up. No one's happy with any one design and so it's only natural they want to appease the picture 'god' of frozen. At this moment in time, you all seem to worship the character - which is great.

You know, I would have probably if I were you lot. Worked on the one character together and present your idea's. Just because everyone's making the same character doesn't mean you have to close yours. It just means that everyone will have room for improvement. Maybe one day all of you will put your idea's together to make the one ultimate frozen. The one frozen that actually does justice to the artwork that had inspired all of these creations.

I may speak only for myself, but I do not judge anyone's Frozen to be 'better', only 'Different'. I like all your works equally, because you made such an effort towards your version I believe you should keep going. I'm just happy to see everyone really making a move forwards and creating a character that truly pays in the effort and the hours to do justice to Frozen. So don't give up Prince, you've still got everyone's support ^^.
(08-26-2009, 06:42 PM)prince_freeza Wrote: [ -> ]no no no and no...if read my rep chars thread you will notice that i mencioned that frozen was the inspiration tp create darius. when i posted his pic every one was like:wow where can we find him wow so cool....etc.
so i asked for yin yins premission to continue him and i made a thread and so:wow hope u finish him..
and now when i am so close to finishing him he come and tells me that they are gonna make their own ver???no no no and 100 no. i will fibish frozen and release him and you will al see!!!!

Good on you Prince ^^. You have my support all the way.
ooopse what happened here
siegvar got loose

i wont start much more of a discussion or intend to answer to any follow up replys to my post - just leaving some info from myself about it as there where cleary a few things unclear
and thats a bullsh¡t state especially with someone responsible/involved not reacting i guess

first of all siegvar is right about everything he said - even about the very first rant - for his own standpoint
frozen is special - no matter how unoriginal anyone may deem the fusion of davis and freeze with the boring name frozen ...
and yes i wouldn have let anyone help me with my version of him and probably will still not (matt may be an exception if he could cope with mimicking and improving upon my cut and paste work, or anyone who does the job right really - but matt isnt intrested in original lf2 related work)

what that means is im not willing to give my help data or opinion to anyone on a frozen project - or let anyone whos not good enough truly help me (ie contriubute gfx/data included in the project) tips/opinions/ideas/suggestions/etc were welcome which is why i made it public - the very first version of sprite and face was horrible, with the help of others it became that shiny - however it was still all my work

but i cant and will not ever stop anyone from using my media to go on working on his own version
i would just be pissed if someone did that without ever noting or asking me because it makes me happy that i inspire ppl to create their own

now sometimes it may be something i fully discarded and i will grand full permission only asking for a little note somewhere that some things are from me (let it be the idea/data/sprite)
sometimes i may allow modding for personal use and request the release to be postponed a little because im still on it myself and not done yet (in that case a beta got leaked or added to a big downloads section ...)

sometimes i may give permission with the warning that i will most likely finish it myself at some point and thus release the 'original' version after some selfmade homage to an unfinished project of mine got released
thats the case here and also what i agreed on with prince_freeza

there is no reason for anyone to stop with working on anything or get upset about others working on something similar and possibly getting more or less attention
we are not here to stop each other from working - if one has enough will power and free time to work on something we should rather encourage and help him - it should help everyone involved to at least learn from the experience

thanks for reading

okay here some additional stuff
(08-24-2009, 06:38 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't do it, they simply want you to allow someone else to claim the official frozen if they do a better version than you :D
very right.
which is prett much what i told him when he asked me for permission

and when i think about it only steam can decide on which character should be the official frozen to his sketch
i on my part had contact to him asking whether he likes the design and would like to see it as a playable character :p
well he told me that he didn think of it to be a fusion at all (not to mention davis/freeze) but said that its ok like that
havent seen him for a loong time now ...

what i am saying in short about anyone working on things even if its not worth anyone elses time (which is not quite the case here - weve got plenty of ppl talking about it):
(08-25-2009, 02:46 AM)Apocalipsis Wrote: [ -> ]But still I think that is something useful as it bumps the project.

ps
i do not like being typed as "yin yin" or Yinyin or yin
its YinYin or yinyin
no quotations - no spaces - no cutting my name in half - and no mixed capitalization
pps
yes siegvar you are crazy
ppps
release this frozen already - i might actually try it
Quote:me and my bro were so close on finishing him just needed to add a nice finishing move and bam released but nooooo. siegvar decided to interact and make his own ver of the char. i mean whats the fun of making him if every body makes him on the style they like??! when i saw these last 3 frozen threads i was kinda speechless..lets see how would u feel when some one takes ur char and does his own ver of him (i know its not my char exactly)

I don't see what's the big problem with this char... The only one that can say "You can't work on Frozen" is Steam... Not you, Siegvar or YinYin. So Siegvar has the right to do his own version if he wishes, too.

So finish him. It won't harm to have two versions of the same character design around, and I bet some people want to try your Frozen for some time already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26